What is two-factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication adds a second layer of security to your online accounts. Verifying your identity using a second factor (like your phone or other mobile device) prevents anyone but you from logging in, even if they know your password.
Passwords are increasingly easy to compromise. They can often be stolen, guessed, or hacked — you might not even know someone is accessing your account. Two-factor authentication adds a second layer of security, keeping your account secure even if your password is compromised.
Once you've enrolled in Duo you're ready to go: You'll login as usual with your username and password, and then use your device to verify that it's you. No mobile phone? You can also use a landline.
Who's required to enroll?
- All CWC Staff
- All DRC Staff
- DSA Financial Services Staff
- DSA Human Resources Staff
- DSA Information Technology Staff
- DSA Mid-Managers
- DSO Care Team
- DSO Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution Staff
- HRE Office of Conduct and Community Standards Staff
- VPSA Office Staff
- Vice President’s Strategic Council (VPSC) Members
- Staff who use Symplicity Applications
- Staff with access to sensitive and/or restricted data
- All staff whose regular daily duties include work on a computer using UF systems
- All remaining staff not in Phase 1 or 2 which can include staff who work in Facilities, Maintenance, Building Services, or Custodial roles who do not use a computer on a daily basis
How do I enroll?
We have created a helpful tutorial on how Student Affairs employees can enroll. Please click here.
Go to the Official UFIT Getting Started page at https://it.ufl.edu/2fa/get-started/
Roll Out Schedule
January 29, 2018
Information Technology Opt In
August 31, 2018
Phase 1 Complete – Newly Hired Staff Must Manually Enroll As Part of Department’s Hiring Process
March 15, 2019
Phase 2 Complete – Newly Hired Staff Must Manually Enroll As Part of Department’s Hiring Process
April 16, 2019
SMS (Short Message Service) Texting will be turned off for 2FA.
Phase 3 Complete – We are working with leadership of staff in this category to develop training and schedule.