Don’t Get Hooked By Phishing
Phishing is a tactic used by hackers and cyber-criminals to steal your personal info through corrupt or fraudulent emails. Student Affairs IT takes phishing very seriously and we have provided tips for detecting these types of emails.
Tips for Success
Here’s how you can avoid taking the bait:
- Don’t click on anything that makes you suspicious
- Don’t open an email if you do not recognize the sender
- Look for basic spelling and grammatical errors in emails
- Hover over a link it to see the URL before opening it
- Forward any suspicious emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Student Affairs IT Help Desk is available to help you. Click the button below to get started.