NOTE: These self-help tutorials are provided for all Student Affairs employees (Faculty, Staff, and Students) and are specific for use in the Division of Student Affairs. We are updating this area often so make sure to refresh the page on each visit.
UF Zoom is a video conferencing service available to all UF students, faculty, and staff that allows for virtual meetings up to 300 participants/devices.
In Student Affairs, the Zoom Client for Meetings and the Zoom Plugin for Microsft Outlook are installed all computers. If you do not see the client or plugin, you can install using the Software Center or by contacting us for help. The Zoom mobile app (iOS/Android) is free to use.
In order to use Zoom, you must be using a computer or mobile device with internet access. You will need a webcam and a headset with microphone. Please work with your department to procure these items.
Getting Started Links
- UF Zoom – Quick Start Guide (updated 4/3/2020)
- Using UF Zoom on Your Mobile Device
- Keep Zoom Secure – Protecting and Securing Your Zoom Meetings
- Troubleshooting Audio and Video Issues with UF Zoom
- Moving Meetings to UF Zoom
- UF Zoom Service site
- Zoom Best Practices
Tips and Tricks
- Sharing Screens
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Breakout Rooms
- Breakout Rooms – Pre-Assigning
- Waiting Rooms for Hosts
- Recording Meetings in Zoom
- Enabling Non-Verbal Feedback (Additional Gestures)
- Zoom Host and Co-Host Controls
- Polls for Meetings
- Registration for Meetings (setup prior to start of meeting, use the Zoom web profile)
These are a list of videos that will help you quickly get started. Use the link above to get the full listing of video tutorials.